Aromatherapy Usage & Practice
Aromatherapy can be used by any body for physical /physiological ( Skin, Hair, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, gynocological, digestive etc.) , mental and spiritual well being, on daily basis either by using ready to use formulations or mixing essential oils as per guidelines given in training programmes or books. It is a safe therapy and easy to learn.
Those who can use Aromatherapy professionally are-
- Beauticians & Beauty Therapists
- Doctors especially Psychotherapists, Gynocologists, Skin specialists, Physiotherapists
- Alternative therapists
FM’s training divison is F.M’s Institute of Aromatherapy & Stress Management, at present providing Basic and Comprehensive training in Aromatherapy and Vedic Aromatherapy for professionals in the field of Beauty therapy and healings, even people learn aromatherapy for home use or as a hobby. These programs are conducted personally by Dr. Ravi Ratan, an aromatherapist and teacher par excellance along with Minoo Ratan a practsing Psycho-aromatherapist. For further details contact FM’s Mumbai Office.
Institute Of Holistic Health Sciences & Research
Health is becoming a major area of concern during this time, as the life is becoming more and more stressful and materialistic there has been an onset of psychosomatic disorders affecting the general health and life acutely. Today it is estimated that almost 90 % of modern ailments are psychosomatic in origin. People are realizing that orthodox medicine or allopathy has its limitations and looking for the alternatives in other holistic health sciences, therefore Holistic Health Sciences have attracted widespread interest and recognition during the past decade, resulting in mushrooming of holistic health centers or Wellness Centers. There has been a demand of professionals (properly trained and experienced practitioners) of holistic health sciences.
As no disease exists that is incurable, you have to simply find the right method, sometimes it’s a combination of therapies which are used to treat a condition. Holistic health takes the view of an individual as a whole, analyzing different aspects of Physical, mental, emotional, nutritional, social and spiritual lifestyles of the being to assess the cause of disease and correcting the imbalances by integrating various complementary therapies.
The therapies used are Ayurveda, Aromatherapy (including Vedic Aromatherapy or Chakra Therapy), Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Massage Therapy ( including Aromatherapy Massages with MLD, Reflexology, Ayurvedic Massages) Yoga (including Meditation & breathing techniques), Diet & Nutrition and psychotherapy counseling.
There are five existing medical councils for Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Yoga, Nature Cure ( Naturopathy) and allopathy, which also provide guidelines for training and research in the field, however other holistic health sciences are yet to be recognized world wide in spite of their proven efficacy in treatment of certain health related conditions. The Institute aims-
- To impart professional training in various holistic systems of health sciences mainly Aromatherapy, Naturopathy, Massage Therapy, yoga, diet & nutrition and counseling at graduation level.
- And integrating two or more of these therapies with stress at proper diagnosis at Masters level.
- To conduct short courses to enhance skills of the practicing / budding healers.
- To develop the student’s personal skills of observation, analysis, evaluation and communication in a friendly environment to develop compassion and empathy.
- To develop the students awareness of the relevance of human anatomy, physiology, endocrinology and an introduction to pathology and clinical psychology.
- Ultimately to enable the student to train as a professional and competent holistic healer with specialization in a particular holistic therapy and background knowledge of other therapies.
- Ensure that the student has a sound working knowledge along with hands on experience to achieve high level of professionalism in clinical applications of the holistic therapies.
- To encourage research and provide research facilities in holistic health sciences. The research thesis could be submitted to Medicina Alternativa ( Open International University of Alternative Medicine) through the Institute.